Monday, June 13, 2011

Chap 4:Professionalism

I just had my heart to heart talk with one of my colleague.
I am so thankful for her concern and opened her heart to share her feeling with me.

2 days before I had one horrible fight with my supervisor. I talked less in work and even not talking to him at all. And after that I felt horrible for treating him like that; for not being considerate. He is my supervisor and there is so many stuffs for him to take care of. He is in between the boss and the staffs. He just can't please everyone by every decision he made; he is too busy to take care of whatever he said just to ensure no one will get hurts.

Seem like it's not just me having the problem at work; in fact, my problem is really a minor one. During these days, I found out that the new staffs, senior staffs, supervisor and even boss are having different problems at the same time. Newbie are struggling to survive in the work, showing their effort to learn, compete with one another and etc. And the senior one are striving to balance their work and study; and how to get recognition by the upper management. And part timers are really struggling a lot in building the relationship with the other colleagues.

Yesterday, my boss called me into her office and asked for some feedback after working there for about a month. I told her frankly what i felt. "So, do you feel that you're not comfortable working with the supervisor"? She asked. "No." I said. "I do not have any problem with him, instead, I salute on him. He really surprised me with his toughness and determination; and I bare he been through a lot".

I apologize. For whatever that he thinks I need to apologize for.
I should be gratitude. I am getting higher pay than other colleagues. I am a Chinese and i have so many potential.
I should not just busying emo myself and stop all the opportunity. Life should be moving on.

I guess I am used to the routine work and have been choosing to stay in my comfort zone,
Until someone came into my life, pulling me out from my comfort zone and turn my life upside down;
Someone had just mess up my life, BUT I can't give them a bite.

Caz I have grown mature now,
I always thought life is all about choices, especially when we're young;
but actually it is not, caz we're not living our life by our own.

There is so much more for me to learn. And I am gratitude for the opportunity.
Just like a child, I need to feel safe with sufficient guidance and I hope I will be given enough space to grow.

No comments: