Monday, November 14, 2011

are we healthy enough to stay away from sickness?

for the first ever time my trip to Genting wasn't about having fun but thoughts and reflections

for accompanying my grandparents to Genting for a short trip,
I experienced both WEAKness and SICKness

A vacation suppose to be relaxing, fun and happy time spending with each other;
but for my grandparents, it wasn't easy even to travel up the hill just to 'relax';
in fact, they had really tough time surviving the cold breeze over there and the overcrowded place

As for me, I think I've underestimated my 'long lost friend', asthma.
I catch a cold before we depart to Genting and asthma hit me middle of the night in the hotel
At that time, I do not have any medicine with me; yet not ready to tell my parents about the sudden sickness
as I do not want to be the third persons that needed their full attention at all time
________________________________________________________

 I took care of myself and my asthma was slowly recovered;
yet, my mum insists to send me to clinic for a checkup,
wanting me to have a better sleep tonight

of my hesitation, decision to be hospitalized was finally confirmed around 11pm
because it has already past 9:30pm and the clinic is closed; emergency room in GH is the only choice
My visit to GH was pathetic
I was horrified by everything I saw although all the scenes were suppose to be expected

Case 1:
A patient laying on the bed with one hand restricted by a handcuff, accompanied by 2 quite-big-size persons sitting near to him chit chatting.
At first I was frightened, as I thought both of them are gangsters (or the patient's friends).
But then my mum explained to me that purple color robe that he is wearing indicates prisoner; and two of the big sized men might as well be the police men or related officers. 

Case 2: 
The Asthma Bay was overcrowded with patients;

YET the counter was overcrowded with staffs chit chatting

All the patients looked extremely weak. They are using all their strength just to take in a puff of air. Any second for them was critical, suffer, and unfortunate

ON THE OTHER HAND, the doctors and nurses seemingly enjoyed their sweet time together paying no attention to the dying individuals with their hopeless stare

Case 3: 
After awhile being ignored, I get attended by an assistant. Instead of showing me a warm concern like asking me how do I feel or what's my condition is; he came to me asked me whether I've registered (what the hell?)
*fyi: actually I felt so much better compare to yesterday the sleepless night. Just that my mum afraid that my asthma will get serious again to disturb my sleep. Therefore, I'm temporarily 'all fine' to be hospitalized unless my condition really get serious at the mid of the night* 
I super scared that I'll be shooed out of the hospital under the accuse of "having no sickness" (haha)
But then I was over-worried.
The assistant straight away passed me a oxygen mask after he checked my heartbeat with a stethoscope. It seem to be too easy for me to get a treatment from him without being asked any question. I mean my case is definitely mild, he can either yell at me of having too much time to come to them with a not-so-sick body OR I should suspect that their stethoscope is not functioning (at least it can't tell whether i'm really sick)

I was relaxed awhile for being able to bluff through. But I realized I was totally wrong when he came back to the patients to insert a needle on their hand. Is that a 'tradition' they practice over here, in GH? (are you kidding me)? He approached one by one and slowly to the patient besides me. I immediately hide my hand and whispered to myself: "don't you dare simply cucuk!". At the same time I'm preparing what should I do if it is my turn? The best solution I can figured is to throw him the oxygen mask saying: "I think I get better now. ciao!" But luckily there isn't my turn (what a great relief? =D)

Case 4:
There were 2 young patients (babies) admitted into the hospital. They seem fine when they were being carried in their mum's arm into the hospital. From their innocent faces how I wish I can be like them, worrying nothing about what kind of pains they might have gone through. At least they won't be suffering from the moment while waiting to get an injection or the fear of pain for the surgeries.  
But eventually they still cried out loud for the uncomfortable feeling when their tiny bodies were being injected with a needle. It was so heartbreaking to see them having to go through the unbearable pain at the young age.
Yet, I can see double pain, triple tiredness and infinite worries in their mums. 

Now that I can totally knows how it feels being a patient or a guidance
either one fall sick both will have to suffer

 It isn't easy to STAY HEALTHY; and it isn't easy as well to STAY AWAY FROM SICKNESS

No comments: