Monday, February 6, 2012

Career part 1: Delayed gratification

One day after Christmas, I lost my phone in a shopping mall
and here started the journey of my working life

All this while, 
I've been looking forward to live with my dream,
I would love if I can try any job that I feel like trying;
but it was a lot of obstacles and boundaries set by my mum

She wouldn't want me to work very far from home; 
She wouldn't allow me to work something that requires qualification below Degree graduates level;
She wouldn't like me to work for shift
Therefore my choice is really limited.

In a few months time, I only apply for:
(i) customer service at HSBC
(ii) Early Childhood teacher at REALKIDS;
(iii) Teaching assistant at Nexus International School; and
(iv) Sales & Planning Executive at Toshiba

4 months before, I've been hired by REALKIDS on the date I went for interview; unfortunately my mum wanted me to reject the offer due to the far distance
4 months later, I was desperately needing a job; and my mum had finally agreed me returning to them for a job
Thank goodness they still welcome me even I rejected them long ago

Few weeks after I started the job, Toshiba started to reply and offered me the position I've been applying for
The salary and remuneration are of course more promising than my current job
but then I rejected the offers from the reputed company

Although my current company cannot offer me good payment; but I am staying for my future

The company provides us a series of training and strongly encourage us to go for further studies,
They wouldn't mind to cover the training fees for us; they gave us the priority to attend training during working hours.

The GM is wise and far sighted, he had expanded his business to China decade ago; 
The staffs have been so generous to share any information and knowledge to us, regardless how committed we are to the company.

The company has given us variety of choices to plan for our own career pathway,
They have the reporting system for us to rate ourselves, as well as for them to evaluate on our progression.

Although, the start of my current job wasn't as pleasing as I expected it to
I lost my phone one day before I started working;
I couldn't get my own car as what my parents had promised me;
the salary and remuneration are not that promising
and maybe the good points I mentioned above are just same as what other companies can offer 

But I'm still willing to give it a try, maybe I was fated for this challenge 
I believe that: with all my patient and positive thinking, my day will come
and I do believe that one day, I would say this to myself:
I NEVER REGRET ACCEPTING THIS JOB AND NEVER REGRET REJECTING OTHERS

for now, I still couldn't determine whether this is a EARN or a LOSS
but I am so glad that I can have this chance to actually experience and learn Delayed Gratification 
I will no longer asking and wanting everything to fall into places perfectly as I want it to;
but with all the opportunity given, I am here trying my best


*Work hard and pray hard for my day to come*

No comments: