Monday, May 10, 2010

The end of life

This year, we are celebrating white Mother's day.
It's just 2 days before Mother's day; my grandma is already on her way going to meet my grandpa in the heaven. We have planned and almost done prepare celebrating with her for this year Mother's day; but she just leave us without any sign, as she has always prepare to die.
"It’s just 2 days before I had dinner with you and you were laughing on my bad table manners. I only see you going hospital for body check up; why do you just take your long sleep without informing? We’re gonna to celebrate mother day with you, remember? We miss you……"


It was just months ago I came across this chapter - Death and Dying.

I was so emotional studying it; it helps me reflect a lot on the process of living and dying; reminds me how vulnerable one can choose to end their life OR how tough determination one can choose to live their life until the last breath.

I cried during my presentation on this topic. Remembered 8 years before my grandpa died of diabetic; and that time my grandma questioned him heart brokenly: "why dun you bring me along?".

But still, she chose to enjoy her life until her last breath, with no any single despair being showed. She is a tough lady, a really tough one.

She has spend her time waiting 8 years and finally she is now heading to meet my grandpa in the heaven.

I cried because it’s unexpected; I cried because we can no longer see her. But no more tears from now, caz I know how badly she waited to live together with my gradpa in the heaven. God may bless them, and they will bless us.

No farewell words were spoken,
no time to say goodbye,
you were gone before we knew it,
and only God knows why.

If love could have saved you,
you would lived forever.

[retrieved from Grandmother Grandfather Funeral Poems]

Thanks for the condolences. I am okay.

No comments: